Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Finley On “The Four Books That Changed My Life”

BISBEE, AZ – “Peace Pilgrim” Jane Finley – writer, artist, teacher, grand adventurer – has been traveling in her small, solar-equipped camper since February 12, 2000, stopping along the way at YMCAs, senior centers, churches, and libraries to give free programs and teach classes. "What I get in return far surpasses monetary compensation," she says, and adds, "If you have freedom and health, you have everything."

Her business card – she calls it her NON-business card – reads: “exercise, stretching, relaxation, and meditation.” She describes herself as "young at heart – other parts slightly older," and her favorite T-shirt says, "I'm retired; this is as dressed up as I get!"

Before retiring, she was a teacher (preschool through college) and then owned her own business, "Jane of All Trades (sense of humor, some genius)."

“The year it rained 90 days in three months,” she says, “I sold my home and almost everything I owned and left Seattle, Washington.”

She’s been traveling ever since, and last week, she landed in Bisbee. Come join her on August 29 at 5:30 pm in the Copper Queen Library’s Meeting Room, 6 Main Street, for what promises to be a very interesting talk on “The Four Books That Changed My Life.”

The program is free and open to the public. For further information, contact the library at 432-4232.