Saturday, September 12, 2009

I Just Read…

Girl With The Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson, which the publisher say is “at once a murder mystery, family saga, love story, and tale of financial intrigue wrapped into one satisfyingly complex and entertainingly atmospheric novel.’

I couldn’t agree with this description more; however, I will add that it took me about 35 pages to really get lost in it, and after that, I stayed up late nights because I was so engrossed. It is absolutely worth making it through the first 35 pages.

This novel, set in Sweden, at first seemed a little foreign, and in fact a bit distant, but as I got further into the story, all of the distance vanished and I was right there in the middle of it.

A journalist, a computer hacker with a photographic memory, and an elderly business tycoon become caught up in finding the answer to a decades old mystery involving the disappearance of a young woman that occurred decades ago. The story proceeds through twists and turns that are unimaginable at the start.

I highly recommend this one and you can find it shelved under FIC LARSSON GIRL. If our copy is currently checked out, you can put a hold on it and we will notify you when it becomes available.


--By Hanje Richards