Monday, July 27, 2009

I Just Read… "Wishful Drinking"

I Just Read… Carrie Fisher's Wishful Drinking

by Hanje Richards


A very funny memoir about some very serious subjects. A quick read, a short book, but packed with humor and bittersweet reflections. I thoroughly enjoyed it! It is upstairs in our Biography section.

Since Carrie Fisher, who is probably best known for her role as Princess Leia in Star Wars, is a good non-fiction writer, it made me very curious about her fiction.



I am still curious, because my bedside table is overloaded at the moment, so you will probably beat me to some of Fisher's novels -- but I do plan to read them soon! And I am looking forward to some more witty and wise writing by Carrie Fisher.

The Copper Queen Library has The Best of Awful: A Novel Based on a Truant’s Story, Delusions of Grandma, and Surrender the Pink. They are all available in the adult fiction section upstairs under Fisher.

If the book you are looking for is not available, we are happy to put a hold on it, so we can contact you when it does become available.